Sunday, June 29, 2008

Trip to Utah

We were so fortunate to have a week to go to Utah and visit some of our close friends. This is a picture of my good friend Ashley. This is Ashley's little girl Elisabeth (almost 4 weeks old here). She was just an angel. I got a few smiles out of her, ok so I don't know if it was really me, but she was smiling when I was holding her. Such a cutie. Ashley's boys, Daniel and Nathan and our kids just hit it off so well. We couldn't have asked for a better trip.
Our first day in Utah we met Ashley and the kids at Thanksgiving Point's farm area. The kids rode ponies, tried to feed the goats and lamas without losing their fingers (Madeleine wouldn't even attempt this as she thought she'd never see her hand again), eating ice cream, throwing the hula hoops over the steers head etc. Ashley took us to this awesome place called Jump On It. It is a huge warehouse full of trampolines hooked together, bball hoops on the walls, bouncy castles, and more for the kids to jump to their hearts content (which Justin's red face was a testament to).
The kids enjoyed all the new toys to play with. They loved the motorized cars. You could hardly get Justin to get off of the motorcycle. He was in heaven. There was also a great water park that we went to and I only wish there was something like that here. Such a great place for kids and adults.
This is a picture from our visit to BYU campus. We hoped to catch up with a few of our old profs, and we did have some luck. So much has changed since we were there; some great improvements. We had a bit of nastalgia walking around our old buildings. They tore down Deseret Tower (the dorms where I lived Freshmen year), that was a bit strange. But, we passed by our old apartment next to the Funeral Home and took the kids to the park just behind it where we spent lots of time walking before and after Madeleine was born.
On the way home we decided to go to Yellow Stone. Unfortunately it will be known as the trip that never was. Our camera battery was dead so we have nothing to show for it. The kids loved Old Faithful (we made it just in time to see it go off), saw a Pine Martin (they actually chased it around the parking lot), buffalo, elk, beautiful waterfalls etc. We'd love to go back and spend more time. We also really enjoyed the area north of Logan. Such a beautiful area that we'd like to return to.
I will have to upload some photos of our other friends we were able to visit. It has taken me about one hour to upload these photos (it kept saying there was an error). So, I will try and do more later.

4 comments:

Ashley Jensen Property Manager said...

It was so fun looking at your pictures of the trip. I really like the one of the two of us. I am going to save it to my computer. The one we took right before you left in front of my house didn't turn out that well (the sun was too bright) so I am happy to have another one with you. I really wish we lived closer together. I miss you.

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a fun time in Utah. I'm driving out there with my parents in two weeks while Shane is in Chicago on business. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Did you meet up with any French professors? We're doing great here in Portland - finally enjoying some summer weather!!!

Julie said...

It is so much fun seeing pictures of you guys here in Utah! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It's fun remembering back to the old apartment next to the funeral home - I sure miss those simple days! :) I remember going on walks with you guys to the park and the neighborhood. Fun times! We went up to Bridal Veil Falls the other day and thought of you guys! Your family is growing so fast! I can't believe Madeleine is done with kindergarten - Hannah starts this Fall. We're thinking of you guys!

Margo said...

I am so bumbed that we did not get to see you guys. We will be in Utah in a couple weeks. Hopefully one of these days we can coordinate trips. Your kids are so precious and you look incredible. We are excited to take our kids back to BYU. What awesome memories. My uncle was there the day they tore down DT and took a video of it. I am so sad that they are not there to bore my children with a drive by. Oh well, they will just have to suffer through the stories without the building. What wonderful memories. To think that was where we met all those years ago. Love ya...