Friday, May 20, 2011

Count your many blessings

    This morning when I gave Justin a hug I said, "Justin, you know what? We are..." and he finished the rest "very blessed." I asked him how he knew that I was going to say that and he said," You always say that Mom."  I am so glad that I have been expressing what I have been feeling so strongly as of late. 
   This renovation has been more than I had expected. Yes, maybe I was a bit naive. Well, months into it and countless hours of looking up light fixtures, testing paint, looking at fireplaces etc. I have felt a humility, an awareness of the luxury it is to be able to make these changes. Many in the world do not worry over the color tile they want in their bathroom; they are happy to have an indoor toilet if at all. Most are not worrying if the wainscoting will look just right; they hope their walls will provide the protection they need from the elements around them. 
   Are these changes really needed, a must? Probably not. But, as the work progresses I feel it coming together and it feels like it is becoming OUR home.  I think of my Mom and how she truly feels the Lord has blessed her with her home and how she has opened it up to many in need.  I hope that this home will not only be a blessing to us, but as my mother has done, be a blessing to others.  Our door is always open.

No comments: