A couple of weeks ago we get this message from the manager at our bank offering us two tickets to a concert. We could not figure out who the group was and relistened to the message a few times before asking my sister-in-law, who was visiting, who it might be. She knew immediately the group Il Divo and suggested that it would be worth while to see them.
The concert was in Calgary two nights ago. It is about 3 hours up there so we'd be gone for a good 9 to 10 hours. We found a reliable older girl from our ward to be with the kids. Now the only hurdle was to get Luke to take a bottle. My kids have been fine with taking a bottle so I didn't think it would be a big deal. I tried, no luck. I had Madeleine try, nothing doing. Eric tried and was able to get him to drink a bit....I mean a little bit.
As Friday approached I became more nervous. I vowed not to go if I could not get him to drink a bottle. I went to the store Thursday and picked a couple different bottles to try. No luck. Friday arrived and I really thought I wouldn't be able to go and I could tell Eric to take a friend or something. I went over to my neighbors house and took the bottle for another try. This time it worked!! It took a few minutes before he got the hang of it, but he did it!!!! Because it was only two hours before our departure and this was the first success I was still nervous. Our babysitter wasn't. She was so calm and seemed to grasp everything I was rattling off (of course I did have a typed up version of my jabber on the kitchen counter, just in case :)
We headed up to Calgary for an enjoyable evening of music. The group of men are quite talented and we enjoyed their voices. The tickets were box seats with refreshments available as we watched the show. Pretty great for free. It was a long evening that ended with our arrival home at 1:30 am. And poor Eric started his weekend on-call shift at 7am. He gets off tomorrow and is so tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment