Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pineapples don't grow on trees...

What I am learning:
  • Today Madeleine asked me if Pineapples grow on trees. Well, I couldn't quite picture how it grew so we went to the computer and found some great photos and lot of neat info.
    • Did you know that a Pineapple plant grows only one pineapple, and then it takes another 3 to 4 years to grow one more, wow!  Pineapples don't have useable seeds so you have to cut off the top of the pineapple, leaves and all, and plant that.
  • Olivia will always be curious and mischevious
    What could she possibly be thinking?
    •  what do crayons really do to walls and cabinets? 
    • cameras can't be that difficult to use, I think I'll try.
    • I just want to put a few dozen stickers on the wood floor
    • those worms need a friend to play with in that mud and water
    • if I climb around the outside of the play structure and then try to climb on the roof I bet I will see lots of fun things.
    • I am sure Rose (our neighbor) would love to have an old plastic grape container I covered in Spiderman stickers
    • Luke doesn't mind if I step on his back once in a while
    • Mom won't miss a few pieces of gum
    • Mom can't run as fast as me and if I am quick she won't even know I am gone (this is at Costco, the school, movie theatre, just about anywhere)
    • Clothes are over rated
    • If a little toothpaste is good then a lot has to be that much better
    • I can use knives. Really I can....watch as I carefully cut this zuchinni bread our neighbors brought us, oops, it is all falling apart...but I didn't cut my thumb Mom.
    • If I hide under the island then Mom can't see me eat these chocolate chips
    • The first two cheese strings didn't taste so good, had to throw them in the garbage, but I bet this one will be just right
  • Olivia attempts to pocket a toy or two from the kindergarten room and I have to chase her around until a friendly staff nabs her.
  • Justin was wondering how deep a black hole is...well, we never figured that out but we did learn about its amazing ability to absorb any light it comes in contact with.  Oh yeah, and a light year is a unit of length about 6 trillion miles long...
  • to not be afraid of not knowing the answers to MOST of their questions. We can find out together.
  • Luke loves me!  He loves me to be on the ground with him and to throw up his arms and use my chin to tickle his chest and tummy. When he wouldn't settle yesterday I kissed his cheeks and neck and after a while his breathing calmed and soon he was fast asleep. That is a special moment. 
  • Austin loves puzzles; doing puzzles makes him happy. Teasing his brothers and sisters is a little fun too.
  • Happiness is up to me and I am so thankful I have a wonderful family to share my life with. There is good in everyday and in everyone. Learning to smile when rice spills all over the floor or when play dough seems to be all over is what my kids need to see from me.
  • I can conquer my weaknesses one day at a time.
  • Things are just things. People are the most important.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This was fun to read! Sounds like Olivia is quite the character. We love to look up answers to questions the boys have. They often involve space (similar to the black hole type question) but other interesting things too!

Corrina Baker said...

GREAT STUFF! You are such a great mom. I liked the part about livi stepping on lukes back, glad to know Julia isn't the only one who does that.