Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Answers can come quickly

Yesterday we loaded up the car to head to piano lessons. It was 3:55pm, which would give us time to get to Mrs. Witbeck's home by 4pm. 
  I put the key in the ignition and it wouldn't turn.  I tried again and again and it felt as if I were to try to turn it any further it would break off in the ignition.
  I looked next door and realized I could probably borrow my neighbor's vehicle. Then the thought came that we should pray.
  We said a prayer.  It was short and to the point with gratitude mixed in.
  I put the key in the ignition and it turned smoothly,  starting without a problem.
  We bowed our heads and thanked Heavenly Father for such a quick response.
"Wow, he answered that so fast."  Justin said. 
  What a wonderful experience to have and such a reminder that Heavenly Father is listening and cares about us.
  As I shared this experience with Eric last night I expressed my concern that our van might be telling us something through these little hiccups we seem to be getting more frequently.  Hopefully it will continue to run for a while...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sweet story, Leslie. I have the tendency to sometimes assume something or other is too small to be worth His notice. I love to be reminded that it is not!