Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

The kids have their own tree this year. They had so much fun making decorations to put on their tree.


A very kind doctor in Raymond let us come to his tree farm and cut down two trees. We played hide and seek in the trees, like I used to do when we'd go to get our Christmas tree when I was a child. The only difference was the huge holes in the ground here...the Doctor sells his trees for landscaping so they dig up the whole root ball which can be massive. I was a little afraid Austin would trip and fall in one of these. I kept a good eye on him. Justin had fun jumping in and out of them. I love traditions.

2 comments:

McCallisters said...

We always used to drive up Cedar Mountain in my Grandpa's truck to cut down our trees. We would walk all over to find the one everyone liked. We'd get an upstairs tree for my mom's pretty decorations and a downstairs one for the kids' decorations. Interestingly, Santa always left our presents under "our" tree! Here in California, we choose a tree from Home Depot. Kind of boring! But we did play hide and seek in the aisles. I'm glad that you are able to continue your tradition. And excuse my walk down memory lane!

Ben said...

How fun! We didn't get a tree this year. We were planning on going to Portland, but they were under a couple feet of snow and ice and had no power. We stayed home, but had lots of great surprises...so even without the tree, it was a great Christmas!