So what inspired me? We LOVE bread, really love bread....most likely influenced by our time in France, and our children love bread, and well, most store bought bread is just ok. Over the holidays my sister Heidi, who has baked a zillion loaves of bread, inspired me with her words and upon our return I began to flip through the bread book Eric had purchased this Fall. Eric was by my side for the first batch, frankly I needed his emotional support as I am always a wimp when it comes to the first time of trying something in the kitchen. The kids and us loved the bread and Austin even ate the CRUSTS! So two days later I made three more loaves and realized we were out of my freezer jam. I remembered preparing two bags of strawberries to use any way we might need them, so I thawed a bag and made 10 jars of jam (not without burning the pectin...who knew you couldn't speed up the boiling by placing the lid on top and letting it just go, oops!) It took Eric and I at least an hour of scrubbing to get the bottom clean.
Today my friend Marla was over and I was at a loss as to what to do with the pork loin I had removed from the freezer for tonight's dinner. She gave me an incredibly yummy idea of pulled pork (crock pot recipe with salsa, brown sugar and pork) with beans, rice, avocados, tomatoes, sour cream, corn and salsa on tortillas. It was FABULOUS! Yeah, I love adding new recipes to my collection, thanks Marla.
I am feeling so good about the "state of affairs" in my kitchen. I need order, it is a sickness, but I really do thrive on having order in my life. Well, I had none in the kitchen. We arrived home from the holidays with some new cookware and there was absolutely no where to put the new items. Our drawers felt so cluttered and unorganized, hence, I felt unorganized and frustrated. Well, my good friend Amy (pictured below) came to visit last week and helped to put my life, ok mostly my kitchen, back in order!!! She was so amazing and I am so grateful for her help.
1 comment:
Congrats on the bread! I learned how to make bread last year with a quick, yummy recipe, but I don't like the whole wheat version much. can I get your recipe and the recipe for the pulled pork? They both sound so good.
Post a Comment