Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back Home

Meeting our friends, the Noltes, at a park. So good to see them and their kids.
My friend Emily from our BYU days....so good to see you!
This is at a bouncy castle in Provo that was so much fun.
This was at Bridal Veil Falls

Craft time at the Jensen's home.
Since we have arrived back home I have felt like we've been in 5th gear without many times to slow down or stop.
On our way home from Arizona we stopped by BYU campus to visit our old stomping grounds and of course indulge in some tasty BYU creamery ice cream. It was good to get out of the car and shake our legs, and sure brought back some wonderful memories. We enjoyed eating at Cafe Rio, yum yum.
Our home was kept safe through the major snow storm we had that ended up damaging homes around us. Our neighbor, Michelle, kept a good eye on everything and we so appreciated it. We even came home to cupcakes made by her, and shortly there after a meal. She is so kind and has been a good friend.
Olivia began crawling, not her army crawl, but a real one while we were in Arizona. When we got home I encouraged Eric to put up the baby gate to our downstairs so that I didn't have to worry about the door getting closed by the kids or not. Well, within hours of its first appearance at the top of our stairs Justin tried to climb over it with a handful of legos. The gate collapsed and he fell down the stairs and broke his wrist. I knew it was pretty serious as he screamed for the better part of an hour. I called and had two men from church come and give him a blessing and then headed to the ER in Raymond where Eric was working. The first cast was put on and was doing well until it got submerged in water, which led to a second cast (a waterproof red cast). He was quite disappointed with all he couldn't do and spent the next day calling every family member to let them know what had happened. He has found he can do about everything he used to, even if it makes me feel worried or uncomfortable. Hopefully it will come off in two weeks and he will have a couple TBall games left to play. He does well hitting with one arm, but it is not the same.
A week or so after we arrived home Grandma Baker came to visit for 10 days. The kids were in heaven, as was I. I of course arranged for all of my dental/doctor/ car needs that I try to get done whenever Grandma or Grandpa come. The kids enjoyed dates with Grandma and playing games inside as the weather wasn't the best outside.
I will add more photos later as I have tried for a 1/2 hour with out much success.

No comments: