Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow and Basketball

 Saturday we woke up to fresh snow.  Madeleine helped clear the driveway and then was so excited to pull Livi in the sled. It was so cold that we only lasted about 10minutes out there.

 This is Madeleine's 2nd game of her first season of bball. She is really enjoying it and learning a lot. She has two girl coaches, which helps. And, one of the girls on her team she played tennis with last year.  Justin is also playing for the first time. The poor kid has a crazy Saturday with soccer and bball back to back. He is loving bball and is a great defender getting lots of steals. So fun to watch them.
Madeleine and I began reading nightly last year. It has become a very special tradition for us. We read the Beverly Cleary Ramona books. We then began the A-Z mystery books by Ron Roy. These books are fantastic and we are on letter Q now.  I am not sure what series we will tackle next. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

what fun pictures and stories! Your kids are so cute. Landon loves to read the Magic Tree House books. They are probably below Madeleine's level, but his cousin who is in 4th grade loves them too. We'll have to see the A-Z ones. I haven't heard of those, but Landon has about read all of the Magic Tree House ones! Glad you are all doing well!

Marianne said...

You know, I was thinking the other day that I can't wait to be able to read the Chronicles of Narnia to my kids when they're older. I have great memories of my dad reading those to me. :)

Jenn Harbertson said...

How about the Choose Your Own Adventure series!