Monday, April 18, 2011

Springtime, Spring where are you?

 For those of you who have seen Franklin the Brave Knight go back up to the title singing instead of reading the words.  I have felt like I, like Franklin, might need to go and find Spring myself and bring it to Lethbridge, because it is obviously not coming on its own.  This is what we woke up to last week. We measured over 10 inches of snow fall!
 Just like her older sister, she is more interested in eating the snow than playing in it.
 On Sundays Eric and I must admit to taking naps every now and again. Well, this Sunday after we fell asleep three of the other 4 kids did the same! Madeleine  was the only one who stayed awake. She went out and made a big snowman for her and one for Austin.

 We had no idea that Austin was asleep under this blanket.

 Why would I take a picture of a half-eaten plate of Ritz crackers with peanut butter? This actually represents love. Madeleine has had difficulty treating Justin the way we would like. I think there is a bit of everything in the reasoning for her feelings.  Anyway, she is coming a long way and we are proud of her. While Justin was sleeping she made him a plate of crackers. Had she made it for Austin or Olivia we would be touched but not surprised. The fact that she made it for Justin was extra special.  She has been reading to Justin and Austin at night the past few weeks, this is a small miracle in our family.

1 comment:

Loretta Harbertson said...

We are enjoying your family history. What a nice way to keep track of what you are doing and how everyone felt about doing it. Thanks for keeping us and everyone else up to the minute on what is happening at the Bakers.