Every Thursday morning from 9am to 11:30 am we attend a parent/tot preschool program at the community centre. For the most part it has been a fun activity for Austin/Livi and me. The first 45min is free play and then 20 minutes of circle time (Olivia has a very hard time sitting still so we usually end up in the hallway). Then the kids have a snack and more free play while us mothers go to another room and have a snack and have a parenting lesson/discussion.
Last week was the first week since before Christmas so I was reminding Austin that after circle time I would go to my room and he would stay for a snack and play.
He replies, "I know Mom, but what do you do in that room?"
"They tell us how we can be a better parent." I say.
"Oh, but sometimes you forget, don't you Mom?" I had to laugh...but this comment has also caused me to think more about how my moods and ups and downs are evident to these little ones. I am really trying hard to keep my calm and to keep my voice low even when I feel like no one will listen unless I shout. I feel so much more control over my emotions and I know this is the better way.
1 comment:
that sounds like a great resource. I wish we had that. As julia grows I am noticing my patience thinning. You are a great mom!
Post a Comment