Thursday, March 26, 2009

Late Night projects with Amy

Last year my friend Amy convinced me of the wonderful world of sewing. I purchased a lot of fabric and after a few nights of cutting for my quilt the fabric went in a drawer for many months. Mainly because I have felt unmotivated and incompetent without Amy's help. So much pressure on her to hold my hand through the whole thing. Well, both of our husbands are in Calgary so the past two weeks Amy has been over in the evenings with her sewing machine (I do not have one) and we have been working....long and hard. I have made so much progress on my quilt and feel like I am getting into a groove and more excited about getting it done. So, what is the project above? Well, Amy made these diaper/wipe holders and I thought ok I need to try something quicker like that so that I can see a finished project and feel rewarded for my efforts. Yesterday was my marathon day. I bought the fabric, washed it, ironed it, cut it and sewed it all together...and in the middle of all that I took care of three kids, carpooled, and had a church meeting in my home. I finished my productive day at 12:30am. This, as most of you know, is about the latest I have stayed up in a decade. This morning I was feeling it after a rough night of Justin in and out of my room several times with a tummy ache. My headache in the morning and overall fatigue helped to remind me of the reality of such a day as yesterday. Though I am so proud of these cute diaper/wipe containers. I love the fabric.
This is Amy working on her nursing cover...that will be my next project (with her guidance and help of course). It has been amazing to see how much more comfortable I feel with sewing. I am excited.

2 comments:

Corrina Baker said...

Good work! Those look great!

Margo said...

Those are adorable. I need the pattern. I am so excited for you guys. Sydney loves having Katelyn. Even though they are a few years apart, Sydney really loves having her around. They love doing sister things.