Sunday, March 8, 2009

Visit from Grandpa Baker

Never a dull moment with Grandpa to tackle and play with! Grandpa braved the cold weather to take the kids on walks to the park and store. He even managed to get all of my carpooling down, I didn't make it easy on him, and he was amazing. Justin was able to have Grandpa come to his preschool for snack day and couldn't wait for that day. I was able to volunteer in Madeleine's class which is something I wish I could do more often. It was so nice to do things that I normally can't do without help. We sure wish family lived closer!!!

When Grandpa came to visit us he had his hands full the whole time. We hope he is still willing to come for future visits =) A day after he arrived Eric and I took off to Banff where he was attending a medical conference. I was able to sleep in, yeah!!!! Read some new books, think, exercise and just enjoy. We knew the kids were in great hands and so didn't worry about a thing. Thanks so much Ted for this break!
Madeleine and Justin roped Grandpa into numerous games of memory, the likes of which you have never seen. I had no idea you could actually play with so many cards all at once. Below Justin and Austin and Grandpa built a fort and played inside.

1 comment:

emily said...

Leslie I saw your comment on ashely's blog and clicked over to catch up. It has been forever. LOVED seeing your family. You look amazing. Congrats on number 4! What a great mom you are!