Thursday, October 20, 2011

We are expecting #5

  I am 5 months along in this pregnancy...I know, a little late to be announcing it, but life has been crazy.  My nausea was more mild than with the others. It has followed more after the boys than the girl's pregnancies.  The nausea gave up and quit a few weeks ago which I am so happy for.
  Two days ago we headed into Lethbridge for the ultrasound. I was so glad Eric could be with me this time.  Everything looked good.  It was very reassuring to me to see the heart, brain, legs etc.  I have felt more anxiety this pregnancy....mainly because I am getting older and worry about the health of the baby.  Today the doctor said the ultrasound results looked great and that we are having a Boy.  
We are excited. Some of the kids more than others, but we have time for Madeleine to adjust.  
Tonight she said, 
"We could still pray that God could change him into a girl." 
We tried to explain that it was a little to late now for any changes to be taking place. I don't think she was at all convinced.  I would be interested to know what her personal prayer sounded like tonight.
The boys are so happy and of course Olivia doesn't care one way or the other. She loves all babies.
  We feel so blessed to be having another and can't wait to get to know him...though finding a name is going to be such a challenge. Girl names are so much easier (for us anyway).

3 comments:

Corrina Baker said...

Hooray! Logan will have a little cousin friend. We are so excited! Try not to name him something with 'in' at the end. Grandpa Ted might not be able to handle that ;)

Jessica said...

Congratulations Leslie! I am glad the nausea is wearing off. I hate that time! Another boy is exciting - but you'll have to tell Madeleine I understand wanting to pray for a little girl. :)

Marianne said...

I am in awe of you, Soeur! I'm trying to contemplate #3 and hoping I have the energy to do it. Congratulations - love you!