Wednesday, September 19, 2012

22 and counting

Typically Madeleine and Justin are in charge of putting up the dishes in the morning. Whoever remembers first gets to assess the load and decide if they want top or bottom. Yesterday one of them left without getting them up so I started to do them. Frankly, it is too much of a bother to wait until they get home from school to load it up again.  
  As I began the unloading I was stunned to see how many plastic cups came from one day.  I thought it picture worthy. I mean 22 cups and only 4 children  using them...that is a lot, especially when two of them are gone for most of the day. 
   We have instituted the one cup a day rule, and it is working well. Though Austin did point out that sometimes it is not his fault because I have put his cup in the sink already...oops, I do do that.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Leslie. And I agree, it would be much better to sit and chat in person. I really have come to believe over the past few years that there is some crazy connection with family -- they are family and they just matter wether they have been seen years ago, recently, or never.

And . . . as for this cup business . . . totally made me laugh. Exact same situation here. Even down to the whole "the kids are supposed to empty the dishwasher, but sometimes I don't want to wait to do dishes 'til they are home from school!" And so so many cups used. It is ridiculous. Mike even went so far as to once have them all write their names on a cup with a sharpy -- telling them that that was the only cup they could use. Somehow we have slowly drifted back to the hundreds of cups a day again. Perhaps we'll try again . . .

Corrina Baker said...

ha ha ha, sweet austin!