Monday, September 3, 2012

Our little Livi is potty trained....hurray!

Olivia has done it!!!  We are so proud of her.  Back in November and December she was really interested in going on the toilet.  She would do it quite often and I was beginning to think it was time. Well, after Christmas she lost all interest and demanded her diaper on.  So, with Luke's arrival, we put it on the back burner.
Two weeks ago Olivia turned three.  The special age in our family for toilet training.
 I really have nothing to complain about as our kids have all potty trained in a short period of time. However when you are going through it and don't know that success is around the corner you can get quite frustrated. I am not made for this time in our kids lives...I need to be way more patient.
Two long hard days and that was it!  The first two days I was so frustrated and wondered what it would take for it to click. There were lots of positives during these days but not enough to help me feel reassured she would not be in diapers for forever.  Then on the third day she decided she was ready.  

No comments: