I remembered at 6:30pm that it was Movie Night tonight at the city hall theatre. We called and invited friends and arranged to leave at 7:45.
Justin had invited our neighbor's daughter, Lucy, and had asked if he could pay for her. So sweet. We talked about what it meant to be a gentlemen and he was so excited to be one.
We arrived and got to the doors when we read the sign "Last minute cancellation to the town Movie Night due to the play." We were so bummed. Well, upon returning and figuring out alternatives to the night's plans I found this: (pictured below)
I had only a few minutes to put her down before I had left with the kids but I thought my bribes would win her obedience. I promised her two treats the following day if she would go to sleep. Eric was in the new room with Luke when I showed him this picture.
We are working this week on Livi not sucking her thumb. We've been taping her thumbs and we took away her blanket. The first night was soooooo rough! She was up constantly crying out for her blankie and ripping the tape off of her thumbs. Every time she rolled over and would normally such her thumb she'd cry.
Since then every night has improved and it has been going really well, until tonight....Above you can see Livi the second time she came down hiding under the chair, tape off, sucking her thumb!
She said before she went to bed, "This is going to be a long day." I laughed as it was the end of the day....maybe she meant to say night and she was just hinting at things to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment