Doesn't apple juice come from apples...well, Olivia was determined to find out!
We've been dealing with a stomach sickness the past two days. Austin woke up Thursday night around 2am and threw up. This was followed by his usual wailing and crying like he is going to die. There is seriously no difference in his screams when he falls on his head or bumps his elbow. You hear the scream and think he must be dying.
Justin woke us up telling us that Austin needed us. The usual bed stripping, laundry and setting up a spot on our floor ensued, and so did his languishing. About every 15min. for the next 2.5-3hours his stomach would cramp up and he would cry and scream in agony. My neighbors kids had had this the week before and she had explained this very incremental cramping and so I was prepared for a long night.
Keeping good spirits we worked through it. A few choice exchanges with Austin:
Me, "Austin, is there anything I can do?" Austin, "Kill me, that is the only thing you can do."
Me, "I am so sorry about this." Austin, "I want to die."
Me, "Life is tough." Austin, "Life is hard for living."
As disturbing as these remarks may seem please keep in mind that Austin is our dramatic one and each comment was purposefully extreme so as to not undermine the pain or discomfort he was in. Eric and I had to hide our smiles as he would come out with these outlandish remarks. He did live...and is doing much better.
I went visiting teaching this morning and when I came back Eric had changed his clothes and so had Luke.
Luke had thrown up all over Eric. So, it looks like we are in this for a bit. I hope it doesn't go through all of us!

No comments:
Post a Comment