Just found out their teachers for the year.
This is grade 3 for Madeleine. We requested Miss Pickett and were thrilled to see Madeleine's name under her class list (fyi: you find out what class your child is in on the first day of school). Miss Pickett is fun, enthusiastic and loves the kids!! Her sincere excitement and love of the kids is almost tangible. This is a perfect atmosphere for our sweet Madeleine. We requested Mrs. Baker for Justin and were happy to see that this worked out. Nicole Baker was Madeleine's kingergarten teacher for part of the year, left on mat-leave, and she was fantastic. She is loving and fun but doesn't take any guff from the kids and teaches them, fairly quickly, how to have respect in the classroom.
The days have been long for the kids, especially Justin who has been used to shorter kindergarten hours. We've not fully settled into a routine and are finding that when our "normal" bedtime arrives that we are no where near done with all that needs to be done. Hence, some late nights for the kids. I don't remember the last time Justin slept in until 7am but this is becoming the norm as his night sleep has been cut short. I am hoping to have this rectified soon and already see some improvement this week. I need a bit of down time too!
1 comment:
Oh I totally know what you mean. I'm finding there isn't enough time between school getting out and the kids' usual 8:00 bedtime to get everything in that needs getting in -- homework, chores, piano, reading, dinner -- much less time to just hang out and be kids. At the same time, I REALLY REALLY need those few night hours to myself with kids asleep, so them getting to bed later means me staying up way later too (just to have my down time). It's trouble!
Post a Comment